Minister of Education and Science of Georgia Giorgi Margvelashvili and First Deputy Minister Tamar Sanikidze held a meeting with teachers of Tbilisi schools in Teacherís House on February 8th. The aim of the meeting was to introduce ongoing reforms and future plans to the teachers. Giorgi Margvelashvili and Tamar Sanikidze answered the teacherís questions as well.
The Minister meets Teachers
Monday, February 11
The budget of the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia has increased by 61 700 million GEL in 2013 (608 300 million in 2012; 670 000 million in 2013). Certain changes were introduced for teachersí salaries:
1. Full time teacherís salary has increased from 245 GEL up to 305 GEL.
2. For those teachers whose length of service is up to 5 years, the coefficient has increased from 0.1 to 0.2, for those teachers who have a teaching experience of 5 to 10 years, the increase is from 0.3 to 0.5 and for those with the length of service of over 10 years Ė from 0.5 to 0.6
3. Bonus for teaching in combined classes has increased from 24.5 to 30.5 GEL
4. Bonus for teaching Georgian Language and Literature, History and Geography in non-Georgian schools has increased
5. Bonus for class tutors has increase from 62.48 to 76.25 GEL
6. Teachers having from 19 to 26 teaching hours shall have a bonus of 5 GEL for every additional hour.
For example: if a teacher has 22 hours a week, his/her bonus apart from the salary shall constitute 80GEL in the end of the month.
7. Certified teachers shall have bonuses only in case if a primary level teacher has 13 hours per week.
8. Certified teachers (except primary level teachers) with 15-17 hours of classes a week shall receive a bonus from January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2014.
(Ministry of Education)