The messenger logo

New details revealed over Khardziani‘s notorious murder case

By Thea Mariamidze
Wednesday, May 20
The head of the Moscow bureau of Iberian-Caucasian Movement, Zaza Gabedava, reveals new details about late businessman Besik Khardziani’s murder case, who was killed by an unidentified individual at the entrance of his flat in March this year.

Gabedava showed Maestro TV the photo of a man with a Caucasian appearance, who according to him is the killer of Khardziani.

Gabedava claims the photo was sent to him from Tbilisi, which was taken by the street surveillance camera soon after the murder, when the killer was trying to escape.

In his interview Gabedava did not name the source of the photo sender and said that the picture was spread all over Russia and the Ukraine several days after the murder.

He stated that he and his friends are searching for the murderer everywhere and is sure that the suspect has not left Georgia.

According to him, if the prosecutor’s office wants to investigate the case properly, there are no obstacles for them; they have the photo of the killer and many other important details.

The Prosecutor’s office are aware of the photo but they refrained from providing additional information due to the interests of investigation.

The lawyer of the Khardziani family, Malkhaz Salakaia, says that the investigation has already identified the killer but the results and new details have not yet been revealed.

He thinks that the authenticity of the photo presented by Gabedava must be ascertained by the expertise.

The family of Besik Khardziani stated that they were not aware of the spread photograph.

Businessman Besik Khardziani, who was actively campaigning against the current opposition United National Movement and several members of the party, was shot dead at his flat on March 29, 2015.

He had spent nearly two years in prison and stated he had experienced inhumane treatment there. The businessman was released through the large-scaled amnesty carried out by the Georgian Dream government.

When released, Khardziani sued the former authorities and was struggling to regain his property.